Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Morning

I woke up this morning and there was a vast emptiness. Ryan was always full of joy on Christmas morning and would wake us up early to open presents. Ryan always a child, make our Christmas what memories were made from. in 32 years we were never apart at this time of year. My heart aches.

new chapters have birthing pains. We now have to re invent ourselves. We shall go on,
life will be full again. One step at the time. God has given us strength to this point and will continue to uphold us as we move forward.

2 comments:

  1. Linda, I hope the new year will bring you peace. Keep writing and remembering to let Ryan's spirit shine on. My sincerest sympathy to you and the rest of Ryan's loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling, Linda. My mother passed away on December 16th, just 5 days after her 93rd birthday. Now I have to make a life that doesn't include her, not impossible, but hard beyond words. I know you feel the same way about life without Ryan. I wish you all good things in 2011, but mostly a sense of renewed purpose and being loved by our merciful God.

    M.E.

    ReplyDelete