Tuesday, September 21, 2010

new twists of the bureaucratic kind

The call came on Friday afternoon.
The official voice on the other end telling me that the care and support for my son in his final months will be removed as he failed to die within the six month allotted time period. His six months is up and now we are facing putting him into a long term care facility. 


this is an euphamisim for warehousing. The sick who have no other means of support are put into a large institutional setting where they are put into small rooms to be largely forgotten until they either die or get better. I think of it as  kennels for humans.
I promised him that he could die at home. And that is a promise I intend to keep. I don't know how, but somehow I will perservere. Social medicine working at it's best I suppose. There is only so much help anyone who doesn't have deep pockets can receive.  I am disgusted, and don't know what I will have to do to keep Ryan at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment