Monday, November 1, 2010

Lord, give me strength

This morning after Ryan awoke, I administered his morning meds as usual and fed him his favorite oatmeal. Soon after he started crying. This was a strange turn of events, why was he crying I asked. He told me he didn't know where he was. Nor did he know who I was. I had to tell him my name. Not ten minutes later he started hallucinating.He was seeing mice and rabbits, then he saw spiders crawling up my arms. Still he didn't know where he was or who I was. The nurse arrived  and was truly stupefied. Nurse Lynda called the druggist to find out whether there were any side effects with the meds he was on. Sure enough hallucinating was a side effect, though extremely rare with the antibiotic he was taking. Even the druggist was surprised. A new antibiotic will be started tomorrow....sheesh
And then I have a meeting with the case worker who wants Ryan to be put into a long term care facility as he has used up his six months of care and now she wants to put him "away" (my word not hers) I refuse. I promised Ryan that he could die at home and that's what I shall do. No government worker whose life is all rules and regulations is going to make my son die in a facility. so there!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment